Monday, April 12, 2010

Ever Wonder WhyThere's No Blue in The Twilight Movies? Blue October, That Is...

It's something most of us have discussed at one point or another.  Blue October was one of the major influences in Stephenie's writing of the Twilight Sage.  Justin Furestenfeld, lead singer and songwriter of BO, headlined the Breaking Dawn Tour with Stephenie Meyer.  But after 2 movies, still no Blue!  (Disclaimer: I am a HUGE HUGE Blue/Justin fan and my opinion has always been that if BO didn't want to be on the soundtracks, OK BUT if they were overlooked, grrrrrrr, not OK!!)


Justin made a very interesting comment on this subject, in an interview out today with BLAST Magazine
Well now, If Blue October really wanted/wants to be on one or more of the Soundtracks and has, for some reason, not been included, I am so VERY disappointed.  I mean come on, specific songs (cough, HATE ME, cough) inspired specific scenes, so it's not like their music doesn't fit.  Personally, as a Blue October/Justin fan I have my own opinions on this, but I'll blog about them on my own blog later today :-)
Rumors circulated last year that Blue October, who toured with Meyer, would have a song on one of the Twilight soundtracks. But it never came to pass, and the reasons behind it remained a mystery.
“Me and Stephenie Meyer are great friends,” Furstenfeld said. “I hate her camp, but I love her..... First movie comes out, no song. Second movie comes out, no song. Her management was like, ‘Everything we told you was a lie.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment