Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stephenie Wanted Blue October

As most of you reading this know I am a little obsessed with Blue October. The fact that they are a part of the world of the Twilight Saga (as one of Stephenie's musical inspirations) makes me amazingly happy. Also most of you would agree that BO's music is probably most associated the feelings and some scenes in New Moon (Hate Me, Into the Ocean). AND Stephenie & Justin Furstenfeld (lead singer & songwriter for BO) toured together talking about the influence of music on her writing!

The thing is Blue is noticeably absent from the New Moon Soundtrack.

I am pleased to find out that Stephenie wanted them there, too. We are not sure if they were asked and declined or not approached at all. LOL Somehow thinking it was Blue's choice not be on the Soundtrack makes me feel all better.

Here's a Q&A from her site...
Hi Stephenie, I know that your writing is inspired a lot by the music you listen to, so my question is how much say did you have in the music that was picked for the movie/soundtrack? Thank you! - Marci P.

Not a ton. I had a short wish list, and I got one wish out of the four, and that's really a lot when you think about it. My answered wish: a Muse song. My wishes that were not granted: a Blue October song, a Marjorie Fair song, and a Motion City Soundtrack song. All of these artists were a big part of the New Moon writing process for me, and I would have liked to see them included, but in the end, the soundtrack is truly amazing, so I don't have any complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment