Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Moon Music

Stephenie Meyer has expressed many times the importance of music to her and the writing process of the Twilight Saga. Hopefully you are all familiar with the playlists on her website (one for each book). If not be sure to check them out here. I have most of the songs on my iPod (thanks to Becky for lots of them) and love to listen to them! And, as a matter of fact, one of the songs on the Twilight Soundtrack came from her Twilight Playlist ("Tremble for My Beloved" by Collective Soul)

In my opinion the music, Soundtrack & Score, were one of the best parts of the Twilight movie. We have all talked, at one point or another, about songs we think would be great for the New Moon movie. So....let's make our own playlist for our blog. In the comments tell me the names of the songs you think would be perfect and also include which part of the movie/book you think they go with. I will make a playlist of some (or all) and put it here on the blog for everyone to enjoy.
I'll go first....
  • Hate Me - Blue October - break-up scene or aftermath
  • I Was Broken - Robert Pattinson - Near the end when they both become whole again, together. When the hole in Bella disappears.
  • I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie - Not sure where it would go in the movie, but just listen to the words.... if heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied....if there's no one beside you when you soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark.... Remember when Edward tells Bella that once she is gone, he won't live without her.
  • Rest in Pieces - Saliva - Anytime Bella thinks about Edward and starts to fall apart in the months after the breakup (maybe a little too upbeat for that though)
  • A whole bunch more from Stephenie's playlist
A note about the comments: You don't have to be a member of the NEPA TwilightMOMS to comment - any Twilight lover is welcome. In order to comment click on 'comment' under the post. You will have to log in, if you don't have a log-in it only takes a minute to get one through Google. Then you can comment your little heart out!

6 comments:

  1. I keep thinking of more songs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will die if there isnt at least one song from Blue October this time and I am praying its Hate Me! That is sooo the right song for this movie.

    I have to go back and check out the other ones since I am bad with titles. I have really high hopes for this soundtrack because of how incredible Twilight was. I am pretty sure they will bust their butts to make it as good because of all the success the last one had. It was number one on itunes and billboard many times (I hope I got that right!) so I am sure they raked in a ton of money on that. Hmmm Jenn can you find out how much money it made? lol! I know you cant resist a good internet search question!

    Really fun post...I have to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game on, Beck! I'll see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Twilight Soundtrack has spent 23 weeks on the Billboard Top 200. It peaked on November 22 at #1, lowest spot was on January 24 at #65. It is currently #8. Important to note that this is NOT the list of Soundtracks only, but is of all Albums!

    OK I have a meeting and cannot look for $$ amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! There is a great discussion on this topic on TwilightMoms Forum (here is the link: www.twilightmomsforums.com/suggested-music-for-new-moon-updated-list-on-page-54-3-4-t18068.html ). One of the TMs has made a playlist: check it out!

    From that discussion I've found a song I love for New Moon. It's David Cook's "Lie." Perfect for the part after the birthday party where Edward is beginning to distance himself from Bella and she knows something's changed. The second song I love for NM comes from my younger daughter who's a big Twilight and Paramore fan. It's Paramore's "We Are Broken." I can't decide whether it's best for Bella/Jake (keep me safe inside/your arms like towers/tower over me) or Bella/Edward when she's hallucinating (cause I like to capture this voice/it came to me tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey - Thanks for the link. It is fun putting these playlists together. There are so many songs we all agree on!! I love Paramore and especially We Are Broken!

    ReplyDelete