Thursday, April 30, 2009

Robert Pattinson Interviews

Fandago has a new interview with Robert Pattinson. I have included some New Moon (Twilight Series) stuff, however you can read the whole interview here. Rob is really talking a lot about this dark, creepy Edward, nightmare stuff. I am getting pretty curious about how that's going to play out.

Fandango: You’re just getting started shooting New Moon. How are things going? Pattinson: The interesting thing about this one is that so much of my character is in Bella’s head. It’s based on a mixture of memories and nightmares. Bella thinks she is going mad. I get to do some really creepy stuff. In other words, Bella is really frightened of [her hallucinations]. It’s really, really different than Twilight. I think that a lot of people will be kind of scared by this one. I wanted to try and put that into Twilight but I couldn’t really find a way to make Edward scary.

Fandango: How is working with the new director, Chris Weitz?
Pattinson: He’s a great guy. He’s very, very talented, and articulate. I guess it must be kind of stressful for him to take this on. It’s got so much expectation. He just seems very calm about everything.
Fandango: You contributed a couple of songs to the Twilight soundtrack. Are you still pursuing music, and will you be doing more for New Moon?
Pattinson: I’m in talks to do a soundtrack for another movie, composing. I cannot say what it is yet, but I really, really, really want to do. I don’t think I’m going to have anything on New Moon, but never say never.
Moviefone also has an interview with our favorite vampire. I have included some stuff, you can find the rest here.
What has been your craziest fan experience?
There was one quite weird thing, I was in a Blockbuster the other day, and I hadn't realized it was the day the ['Twilight'] DVD was coming out, and there were these two -- no one recognized me in that place -- and there were these two 8-year-old girls who turned up with their parents. They were picking up their preordered DVDs, and they were just shaking and crying just because they got their DVD. I thought that was pretty incredible, I hadn't seen anything like that before ... I mean, I have when it's in person, when it's meeting me. But just to pick up a DVD, that was kind of crazy.

What was your take on the whole Jacob casting drama? When it was possible that Taylor Lautner wasn't going to get the part.
It was weird. When I came back, I hadn't seen him in ages, hadn't seen him since the summer and when I saw him, I saw him just before he got casted, and he put on like 100 pounds! I was like "Jesus Christ! If he doesn't get it, it's ridiculous." But what are you going to do? There was a video of him on set the other day doing all these kind of fight stunts. That kid is incredible; he is one of the most stunning athletes I've ever seen in my life. I don't know, I think it'll be interesting. I haven't seen any of his stuff yet, but everyone's going a little bit crazy over him.

How's the energy on 'New Moon' compared to 'Twilight,' because for 'Twilight' no one was sure if it was going to do well and now, obviously ...
Yeah, it's scary. It's a very, very different experience. Last time we were just kind of ... it was so easy to get the entire cast together. We'd all have dinner almost every day and be able to talk about it freely and stuff. Now it's quite difficult to even leave the hotel. And all these random little stories become someway, somehow newsworthy, so you have to be very secretive about everything. Even if you want to just clarify something in the script or something. It's just strange. It's just very different ... It's very strange when you're aware of being observed, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment