Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peter Facinelli Interview

About.com has as interview with Dr Carlisle Cullen himself (Peter Facinelli). I have brought over some New Moon stuff, but you can watch/read the entire interview here. (Love that he mentions Carlisle stitching up Bella's arm, I kind let out a fangirl squeel over that)

Where are you so far?
Peter Facinelli: "Well, nothing's shot in order but we've shot the…let's see…the birthday scene. We've shot that. And we've the voting scene. I'm not going to tell you what we all voted, but read the book. What else did we shoot? I shot stitching up Bella which was a lovely little scene. I pretty much mostly almost finished. I have a couple other shots to do in May and then we're done."

Have they added more Cullen family scenes?
Peter Facinelli: "You know, it's hard because when you're doing stuff that's based on a book, if you add too much that's not in there the fans don't like it. I think we're… There's always going to be creative interpretations of stuff. But as far as adding stuff, there's so much in it already, it's hard to add. You have a 500 page book that you've got to squeeze down to two hours."

But everyone wanted more of you guys in it.
Peter Facinelli: "Yeah. They're going to have to wait for the third one. We're more in the third and fourth for sure. I saw, which was really funny, I saw Stephenie Meyer at Disneyland. We went to Disneyland – just randomly went to Disneyland with my family and we both were eating dinner at the [Blue] Bayou restaurant, you know, Pirates of the Caribbean. And it was so odd. She walked over and I was like, 'This is too coincidental.' But, I should have told her, 'You know, why did you take the Cullens out of the second book so much?' I did tell her, 'You know what? I'm a little upset I didn't get to go to Italy.' I said, 'Carlisle could have shown up in Italy.'"....."He knows those guys. He'd be like, 'Hey, you know, it's all cool. These are my kids.'"
And having Chris [Weitz] as the director this time?
Peter Facinelli: "Fantastic. You know, the second time around it's a little easier. You feel like you have like a little bit more money it feels like. The atmosphere is calmer. I think it's going to be good. It's kind of nice having different perspectives, you know, film to film. They just announced the third director too."

No comments:

Post a Comment