Monday, May 4, 2009

Some Stuff To Talk About.....

There's a while bunch of stuff to 'talk' about today, so...

Becky & I went to see Blue October in concert last week. Since Stephenie cites them as one of her inspirations AND since they are on almost any playlist that exists for the Twilight Saga AND since Justin did the Breaking Dawn Concert tour...I guess I am justified in talking about it here :-) We worked hard to get up front and boy did it pay off - Front Row! OK really I was the one who was totally obsessed with being in the front row, ever since the day we decided to go to the concert I was set on being right up front. I kinda drove my sister nuts about it. Anyway it was an AMAZING show, I would go to see them again in a heartbeat. We were thrilled to hear some of their old songs as well as all the new ones, including Into the Ocean, Hate Me, My Never and Blue Skies from the Stephenie's playlists and/or the Breaking Dawn Concert. There is really no other words except for AMAZING. (On a side note I was also totally obsessed with meeting the band, which we also did after waiting for hours in the street in Philadelphia LOL) I am including a picture of Justin autographing my ticket.

Another little bit of Twilight Saga controversy began brewing this past weekend. Eclipse Director, David Slade's Twitter account has apparently been deleted. Why is this news? Supposedly he had made a negative "tweet" about Twilight. According to slashfilm it went something like this..... “Twilight drunk? No, not even drunk. Twilight on acid? No, not even on acid? Twilight at gun point? Just shoot me.” Now that he has been tapped to direct the third movie in the Twilight Saga, does this bother you? I personally am not bothered by it. I know I have made a few jokes about the Twilight movie too and yet I still love it and would certainly accept a job working on Eclipse if offered (LOL) Ok, that'll never happen but you know what I mean.

MTV has announced the finalists for it's Movie Awards. Twilight leads the way with 7 nominations. Make sure you go vote here!

Paramore is campaigning for Twilight in the MTV Movie Awards. Not only would they like to win for best song with Decode, but they want you to vote for Twilight for best kiss. Hayley had this to say.....“Like, even outside of ‘Twilight,’ there’s probably a million other stories that are very popular that have everything to do with forbidden love,” she continued. “And that’s the essence of ‘Twilight.’ And that’s why I think it’s so popular. There’s a little twist there — he lives forever — but that kiss rules.”


I think that's all for now, however I haven't looked around the internet lately so who knows what else will pop up. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment